\

Monday, February 22, 2010

Fear

The other day I was on the phone with a friend. Before we hung up, she ended, "You'll have to come and see me. Gary's on night shift now and I have the kids all the time. I'd come to you, but I don't think you want two toddlers running all around your stuff". I asked her if she was afraid at night there by herself, and she said, "YES...I'm really having a hard time right now". I think it was meant for me to talk to her that day. I said, "Jennifer, I've been having the same problem, and you know that God doesn't give us the spirit of fear". For some reason all summer the devil has been on my heels about fear. At night I have the same routiene: Brush my teeth, say my prayers, and listen to my IPOD. When I pray, I have to ask God to take this fear from me, that I know it shouldn't be there and I want to just have the faith in Him that either way it goes, I'm ok, and I'm READY when it's my time. Mark 4:40 says: And he saith unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?
Over the weekend, God reminded me that and gave me this message to write. As I was being air lifted to the "big city" with a possible heart attack, I looked out the side window at the beauty that God has created. I had been in many planes, but never a helicopter. The mountains, though not fully turned in color, were beyond breath taking. The Lord and I had a conversation right there in the helicopter. "Lord, I was scared but I'm not now, and if it's my time to go, I really want my family to know that. I love you and I trust you". I had such a peace to come over me and all the fear was gone. Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isn't that great? Some of the scripture I've found since studing this is now forever embedded in my heart and has been a great help to me. I love in 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
God knows what I need when I need it. He's always there for me and is only a whisper away! Sometimes in the bussle of life we get sidetracked or don't take our faith seriously or maybe just a little for granted, but He strengthens us if we'll just let him.
The first thing my mother did on the way to the hospital was call the ladies from the church to get a prayer chain started. Three EKG's showed blockage and one muscle damage. Still, I got past my fear and said, "whatever is, is". When the Heart Cath was done, there was NO bockage and the doctor told my family that I was like a spring chicken! The devil wants to consume us with fear. The more he has over us, the more he thinks he can pull us away. However, have faith in knowing that NO ONE can pluck us from our Father's hands. Proverbs 3:25, 26 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

0 comments: