\

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stripping and Sponging


When I moved into my new house, I picked out some colors that I wanted to paint the entire house. This is my dining room. My mom paints and papers for a living, so she did this for me. You start with a flat paint for the base and the stripes are the same color, only semi-gloss. Then between each of those is the sponging, using a shade darker and a shade lighter than the base, in semi-gloss.

The base is like Stampin Up's Mellow Moss. Funny how we always reference our colors in everything we see eh? LOL I've never been much of a "green" person, but when I saw this color, I knew that it would be beautiful in the dining room. I also did the bathroom in the same color, but just a solid color. Except for the craft room which is an apricot color, the rest of the house is like creamy caramel. It makes it feel like home. I'm really happy with it.

0 comments: