\

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How Cute is that Baby!


I had such a great time making this card, and I love it when a plan comes together from the very start. This is using the faux suede technique for the bunny. When I made this a few years ago, it was done using liqiud applique and a brayer to make the suede like feel. First I used a paint brush to apply the applique onto the brayer, making it pretty thick. It also works better if you try to do a smaller area vs a full 8 1/2 x 11 page. Once you spread the applique evenly over the card stock, you will heat it until you see it change colors. For this card I used creamy caramel card stock to add a little strength. Then you'll stamp the bunny is Staz On Black, allow it to dry, and then chalk over it with the creamy caramel chalk.

I found the cuttiest little clothes pins at a craft store (I have no idea where, now, but I'd love to find some more that aren't colored and just plain like this). I applied this with a mini glue dot.

All stamps and other supplies are Stampin UP! Wash day wheel, A New Little Someone, Retro Alphabet

Thanks so much for looking! God bless...

0 comments: